Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More strawberry goodness





I made a strawberry roll - A sponge cake filled with fresh strawberries and home made whipped cream. It was really good - but in hindsight, I should have cut the berries smaller and added sugar to bring out the juices. Not that I am complaining, this was still pretty good. The berries looked good, but they are small this year. Cold spring and rainy early summer.

Sour cherries are getting ripe. Our neighbors have a tree, but they are moving this week. Let's hope the people moving in will let us pick some as well. We'll just have to pick at least enough for a pie before Bob and Ruth pack up and leave on Thursday!

Also getting ripe are the wild black raspberries, or "black caps" as they are called in Wisconsin. Those are my favorites. I asked Kevin and Ethan to pick some today, I hope there is enough to make a cobbler!



No comments: