Friday, January 23, 2015

A year after my radioactive iodine treatment

Almost one year following the radioactive iodine treatment - and a year and two month after the total thyroidectomy - I had the follow up tests.  Neck ultrasound, Thyrogen injections early last week and blood tests at the end of the week.  The result are in - no trace of thyroid.   Cancer free one year and counting!

For those of you that might have pinned this blog from Pinterest:  I assume you did so because you may be facing thyroid cancer.  I have to say that I feel so much better after having the surgery and even going through the LID and RAI treatments.  I didn't realize how bad I felt until I was put on the steady dose of thyroid hormone - and began to feel good!  I was told that I probably had the cancer for five years.   No wonder I feel better!   It seems so daunting as you are going through the treatment - and the LID and radioactive iodine treatment is scary, but it's all so worth it in the end.  Feeling great and peace of mind.   Stay strong and hang in there!

No comments: