Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How long does it take to add an entry?

It's been almost a year since I said I was going to add new entries to the blog. I knew I would get around to it sooner or later. Anyway, I am thinking of using this for food related stories, recipes, etc. Here's the first one:

I ordered a bunch of stuff from King Arthur Flour a couple weeks ago. The order took 10 days to arrive and it cost me $14 for shipping. So, I complained. This was the reply I got:

"Our shipping rates have recently changed. In an effort to be as FAIR as possible to ALL our customers, no matter which part of the country we are shipping to, our shipping is now based on the dollar amount of your order. We do not inflate shipping rates to make a profit nor do we add bogus handling fees. We simply try to break even."

huh...I thought the reply sounded a little, shall we say, snotty. So, I wrote back and told them so. Guess what? They reimbursed half of the shipping cost! Pays to complain.

No comments: