Friday, April 18, 2008

ITIL Certified

I passed the exam to become ITIL® certified. ITIL® is an acroynym for the "Information Technology Infrastructure Library." It is the best accepted approach to IT service management and IT Governance. Yeah, I know......zzzzzzzzzzzzz
But, it was an expectation of my job, and the company paid the fee to take the exam. I would have felt pretty bad if I failed. It's a relief to be done. Now I will promptly forget everything that I have studied for the last few weeks!
Here is the interesting part......I took the exam at one of those testing centers. A room full of small cubicles with a monitor and a keyboard in each. Lots of other people in the room taking who knows what kind of exam. The range of people taking tests was amazing. I think there was a woman from a prison there. (If she wasn't from prison, she has really BAD TASTE in clothing!) Someone next to me was typing like crazy the whole time I was taking my 40 question multiple choice test. Had to wonder what was up with that. Maybe it was the "type as fast as you can while annoying the heck out of the person next to you" test.
I am just happy to be done. Oh, and happy I passed. I got an 82!

No comments: