Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Riding the coasters....

Last Sunday was my company's free day at Great America in Gurney, IL. The park is closed to the public and we rent it for the day. There is no charge for entrance or the rides, and a lunch is provided. It's not a great lunch (fried chicken, hot dogs, salads, chips, drinks.) but it is somewhat edible. The longest wait for a ride was about 20 minutes. (The company is pretty large.) I didn't ride on any of the huge roller coasters, but my husband and the kids sure like them. (My oldest son's girlfriend, Jamie, went too, she kept me company while they all went on the rides.) They had a pretty good time, they rode almost every coaster in the park. We did a lot of walking and then Jamie and I did a lot of waiting, but it was still fun. We did go on one fairly tame coaster, bumper cars and the carousel. That was enough for me. I don't get the thrill from those rides, I only feel the fear. It's not comfortable. Why would anyone willingly sit in a rickety cart screaming at 75 mph down a vertical drop of something like 150 feet? YIKES!
I like the carousel - it had dragons. And cats!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I should have gone on the carousel... I remember last time when Luke and I and I had a race.