Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another order from KAF

That would be King Arthur Flour....see post below. If I had time to bake, everything would be from scratch. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I still want to bake, though, and I want whatever is baked to taste good. So, I placed another order from KAF. This time, I paid the extra $3 and got fast shipping. So, the shipping was still $15, but the mixes were on sale, so in the end, paying for faster shipping was a wash.

I made the cinnamon buns. From a mix! The dough was beautiful and so easy to work with. And, they were awesome. So awesome, they were better than my homemade cinnamon rolls. How sad. But, since they were easier, I am not going to put up much of a fuss. I would take a picture, but I didn't think of it at the time and they were gone way too fast. I will have to remember when I make the next item. I think that will be the caramel monkey bread.

1 comment:

PJH said...

Patty, so glad you're enjoying the mixes. I agree, the time crunch sometimes interferes with baking from scratch, and that's exactly when I pull a mix off the shelf, too. I'm sure you'll love the caramel monkey bread - I've sampled a lot of it, as my waistline can attest! Thanks for your kind words about King Arthur - PJ Hamel, test baker, on behalf of the 167 employee-owners at King Arthur Flour