Thursday, May 08, 2008

It's shake day

Last summer, John (one of my co-workers) and I went to lunch at Panera. Right across from Panera there is a Cold Stone. It was hot, so after lunch we decided to take a shake back to work. It was a Thursday - it turns out that shakes are half price on Thursdays at Cold Stone. Awesome! We decided to go the next week, but also got shakes for all the co-workers in the NOC. (Which we expensed.) That was the start of shake Thursday. Every week since then, we have ordered shakes at work on Thursdays, which the company has picked up every week. About three months ago, I looked up the calorie content of the Cold Stone shakes, and I no longer order them - 1700 calories! In one shake!! If I am going to get that many calories in one drink, it better have tequila in it. Anyway, the shake sign up list still goes out every Thursday, and today it went out high tech. Via email. We are a technology company, after all.

They need to come up with the margarita shake. It would make my Thursday afternoons a lot more interesting.

No comments: