Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day four.....very strange.

Today is strange - bananas (up to eight!) and three glasses of milk. And this soup....they call it "wonder soup." I have a problem with the soup - the recipe starts with 6 onions and goes downhill from there. (A head of cabbage? C'mon!) Anyway, my soup version has no onions...it does have shallots, however. Then I used all the leftover veggies of the last couple days - so it has broccoli, asparagus, beans, corn, tomato, and green pepper. The base is lipton onion soup mix, and I also added a can of V8 to make the broth a bit tastier. It's OK, not great though.

I made a banana smoothie for breakfast - two bananas, 1% milk and ice. It's OK....

Lunch will be this soup, more bananas and a glass of milk. Probably OK....

This is going to be my day to crack, I think. Last night, I made dinner for the guys - corn on the cob, broccoli, asparagus, grapes, pineapple and watermelon. And cheesey sausages - with rolls. I really thought that the sausages were going to do me in, I was surprised that I wasn't even tempted as the sausages were cooking. Sure sounds good right now, though!!

No comments: