Saturday, August 02, 2008

Luke is almost done!


We are going down to Florida on August 13th to pick up Luke. He is almost done at Disney. The college work program may have forever ruined Disney for him. I wonder if he will ever go back there, even for a park visit? Maybe in five or ten years.....

Today I am making cookies to send him one last time. We were chatting and both looking at the King Arthur Flour's baking blog online and got really hungry. I am making snickerdoodles, molasses and chocolate chip cookies today. Luke couldn't take it any more and quickly baked up a batch of brownies.
Kevin and Ethan picked some wild blackberries for me, so I made a cobbler - that was delicious. Those have to be my favorite kind of berries! I loved picking these as a kid in upstate NY, and I am glad they grow in Wisconsin. I love this cobbler recipe - the biscuit like dough has no sugar in it, but once you roll up the berries (like a cinnamon roll) and put them in the pan (that has a stick of melted butter in it!) you pour a cup of simple sugar syrup around the cobbler. Once baked, all the liquid is absorbed, and the cobbler is sweet and so flavorful. It's a good way to show off these berries.

No comments: