Friday, August 29, 2008

Diet day 5

Diet is dying.....
My brain is in need of carbs, I think. Today is supposed to be "beef and tomato" day. I had Wheaties for breakfast. I do have some of yesterday's soup for lunch along with some cottage cheese. I did NOT eat a donut this morning. (The office has either donuts or bagels every Friday.) I don't eat the bagels anyway, because I don't really care for them. But, I do like donuts. So, I am sad. :(

Tonight, Gary and I are going to American Players Theater. We will probably have the traditional picnic before hand - which will include wine, I imagine. Tomorrow we are going to Galena, and I am sure we will be eating out. So, again, no diet tomorrow.

I did find that, as of last night, I lost another two pounds. So that's cool. But, I have also decided that I am not going to continue with this week long diet for the last few days. But, having gone through this for the past 4 days has brought me to a few decisions. The first is that I am going to really try to keep up on drinking all this water throughout the day. I always had water at my desk anyway, but didn't drink nearly this much. Second, cut back on sugar. I didn't realize how much sugar I had been eating - from the half tsp in the coffee to snacks to desserts. I will miss that for a while, but the cravings are already diminishing. Third - I will try to take it easy on all those other pitfalls: chips, drinks, snacking, etc. Replace chips with pretzels, drink water instead of fruit drinks. No soda. Limit alcohol to one drink during the week. (Two on the weekend!)
Margaritas should be limited to the weekend. That's just too much during the week. I have also been walking everyday at work. As long as nobody at work complains because I come back sweaty....I will continue with that. This is actually easy, I would much rather walk than work!

I wonder how well I will be able to keep up on these resolutions?

No comments: