Monday, August 11, 2008

Going back to Florida

Could there be a worse time to go to Florida? Temps in the 90s, heat index at about 100 degrees every day. Yikes. OK, I suppose it could be worse if there were actually a hurricane bearing down on Florida right now. Luckily - even though it's prime season, I don't think we will have to worry about it for the few days we are there. Leaving on Wednesday, coming back Saturday. Just enough time to help Luke move his stuff back and also spend a couple days at the parks. Really hot, somewhat humid days. I feel bad for the people that have to wear the character costumes!

New neighbors, still scary. If the kids aren't screaming, the dogs are barking. I have worked at home a couple times in the last week - this is what I am observing while I work at the dining room table that overlooks the back and into their house. They have a little girl that is about a year old. She is in a playpen in front of the TV all day. And, man oh man, she is a screamer. The Mom doesn't seem to care that the kids scream. It would drive me crazy. (I'm not spying, really! It's just in my direct line of vision when I am working from home!) They are building a fence for the dogs, which never seem to go outside. Gotta wonder what the house smells like. I hope it isn't a chain link fence, but it probably will be. *sigh* The dogs names are Molly and Seamus. (I bet they don't spell it the Irish way - probably Shamus) I didn't tell them that I have a niece named Molly and a nephew named Seamus. Not that I could have - like I said, I couldn't get a word in when I talked to them.

We have to move.

No comments: