Sunday, January 05, 2014

Low iodine diet - day 4

I made the almond milk this morning, one cinnamon and vanilla flavored, the other is chocolate.  I mixed the two together and used it with my espresso to make a mocha.  It was fine and definitely drinkable, but will never become a substitute for a real mocha or latte.

This afternoon, I made chocolate chip cookies using the following ingredients:

The shortening is 100% palm oil and allowed on the LID.  Egg whites only, instead of whole eggs.
The cookies are actually really good!
Sweet tooth and chocolate cravings - satisfied!

Here are the cookies baked:


By the way, breakfast was the same as the last two days.  Tomorrow I will have salt free cereal and the almond milk.  (Just to shake things up a bit.)  I was planning on making a pot roast today, but I have run out of time.  I took some chicken breasts out of the freezer, and will find something to make with those.   Tomorrow is the deep chill in Madison (and all of the mid west!), with temperatures at about 25 below and wind chills at 50 below zero.  I will be working at home and pot roast sounds like just the thing on a day like that!

By the way, how great is it that alcohol is still allowed on the diet?  I've been drinking wine with dinner and hardly miss milk at all.... :)



No comments: