Monday, January 13, 2014

Low iodine diet - day 12

Today I have my first Thyrogen shot.  One shot today, one tomorrow, then the radioactive iodine treatment on Wednesday.  This low iodine diet makes you actually look forward to the RAI so you can go back to eating normally afterward.

Ok, it really hasn't been that awful.  I have found plenty to eat.  It makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong.

Tonight we will have spaghetti with homemade sauce.  I will use the leftover meatloaf from the other night as meatballs in the sauce.  That should be pretty good after it simmers for a couple hours.  I am making the sauce from roasted fresh tomatoes - eliminating the "can or no can" question on this diet.  The recipe is on my LID Pinterest page found here: Roasted tomato sauce

Lunch was leftover chicken and some fresh vegetables.  Oh, and a cookie.  Seriously - no wonder I haven't lost any weight!   See my earlier post for the no iodine chocolate chip cookie recipe.  They really are good.

Should I tell you what I had for breakfast?  Yep - scrambled egg whites and home made toasted bread.  With grape jelly, of course!

No comments: