Friday, January 10, 2014

Low iodine diet - day 8

This will be a quick one, I'm a day behind.

Breakfast was the scrambled egg white and toast with jelly.  (Homemade bread and jelly!)  I am tired of looking at white scrambled eggs, so I added two drops of yellow food coloring.  At least it was more pleasant to eat!  I've been making lattes with the almond milk.  It froths up quite nicely and the latte is pretty good.  The latte and tangerine juice rounded out breakfast.

Lunch was more of the leftover spaghetti - this time I remembered my non-iodized salt.  I also brought a bag of the unsalted chips.  Got a couple comments because I was salting my potato chips!   A clementine served for dessert.

For dinner, I sauteed chicken tenders, added a shallot and then made a pan sauce with some unsalted chicken broth, white wine, squeeze of lemon and a touch of brown sugar.  Pretty tasty.   We had rice and fresh cut veggies.  Also, Starburst has no red dye #3 or salt.... so I had some of those for dessert!

No comments: