Saturday, January 11, 2014

Low iodine diet - day 10

I didn't make any changes to breakfast this morning.... same as yesterday and the day before......

It's getting close to lunchtime.  Hmmmm..... I'll probably just scrounge, although I might make a peanut butter sandwich.  After all, I doctored up that natural salt free peanut butter, I may as well eat it!  Plus, I made a fresh loaf of bread yesterday, so it will be really good.

When I do make a loaf of bread, I slice it when it cools.  Then I separate the slices into bags and freeze - keeps the bread fresh and I don't have to make it as often.  Still, I was making a third loaf by day 9.... I never eat that much bread normally!  I did use some of the bread in yesterday's meatloaf.

Tonight I am roasting a chicken.  I will make mashed potatoes, gravy, etc.  The kind of meal that doesn't make you feel at all deprived.  It's important to make sure the chicken hasn't been processed with a brine - I was reading the packages when I went shopping.  Golden Plump chicken lists salt as an ingredient!  "Smart Chicken" - which is air chilled rather than dipping in cold salt water (with all the other chickens) - has no added ingredients.  I don't know how readily available it is in other areas.  This was my regular brand even before the LID, it just tastes better!


No comments: