Friday, January 03, 2014

Low iodine diet - day 2

Low iodine diet - day 2
Last night, I ended up simply roasting the pork tenderloin.  Rubbed with olive oil, salt and peppered - it was still good.  I boiled some potatoes, and used a bit of olive oil and non-iodized salt on those.  Some of my homemade bread and a lot of fresh cut up veggies.  I made french dressing to serve with the veggies, the recipe is from the thyca website - LID Cookbook.  Pretty satisfying.  I had some orange sorbet later in the evening.

Started today with scrambled egg whites.  They were better than I thought they would be.  I also had a piece of the homemade bread toasted, with grape jelly.  Black coffee and tangerine juice.   I'm getting used to the coffee, had another cup without thinking twice.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday - open face peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  A glass of tangerine juice again.  Some unsalted potato chips with my own non-iodized salt.  By the way, here is the site for the basic white bread recipe I made - Basic white bread recipe
It baked up beautifully in the bread machine, and it was so easy!

I haven't figured out dinner yet.  But if I get hungry later on, I am making an avocado blueberry smoothie.

No comments: