Thursday, January 02, 2014

Low Iodine diet - day one

January 2nd starts with low iodine diet and a new dosage of the synthetic thyroid replacement hormone I am taking.  Just as I suspected, the hardest part today has been coffee with no cream.  Plus, the new dosage of the synthroid is making me hungrier than usual.   So, this is what I have had today thus far.

Breakfast:
Banana/strawberry/orange juice smoothie
Black coffee with a little sugar
jelly sandwich with my homemade bread
The above was all before 10AM, like I said.... I was hungry.
Another cup of coffee with melted marshmallows.  A LID blogger said it made the coffee creamy.  It doesn't.

Lunch:
Peanut butter and jelly open face sandwich.  I used natural peanut butter with no added salt or sugar.  I put it in the blender and added sugar, salt and a little peanut oil.  Now it tastes good.
Grated carrot and apple salad with lemon juice topped off lunch.

By 2:30 I was hungry again.  Thank goodness for the best find ever - unsalted potato chips.  I just sprinkled non-iodized salt on each one.   I had that with a Coke Zero - most sodas are allowed on this diet.  Having a craving for something sweet, though.  Maybe an apple with the peanut butter....



Dinner tonight will be pork tenderloin.  I am not sure yet how I will fix it. I will make some home fries as a side dish.

So far, it seems like I will make it without feeling too deprived.  



No comments: