Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Low Iodine diet - day 7

I am working at home today.  Nothing but conference calls all day long, I couldn't see the point of driving into the office.  So, since I'm home, I can come up with something for dinner.....

Breakfast was a latte made with the chocolate and regular almond milk.  (Again, it's very good, but will never be a choice over milk and the ganache I use to make mochas.)   Along with that I had scrambled egg whites and a piece of toast from my homemade bread.  I had sliced some of the bread and put it in the freezer - but it is time to make another loaf.  It's so easy with my bread maker.

For lunch I had a smoothie made with avocado, banana, blueberries and orange juice.  It was delicious.  The avocado makes it really creamy, like it was made with milk.

For dinner, I made pork chops cooked in a sauce with apples and raisins.  I also made candied sweet potatoes.  Both were very good and can be found in the thyca cook book.  




No comments: