Saturday, January 04, 2014

Low iodine diet - day 3

Let's start with last night's dinner.  I made spaghetti sauce.  First I sauteed one shallot and a large clove of garlic in olive oil   I added about a half pound of ground beef and browned the meat.  To that, I added one container of salt free tomato sauce (Probably about 24 oz.) and a can of salt free diced tomatoes.  Add non-iodized salt, pepper, basil and oregano.   Let it simmer for at least an hour.  I served it with angel hair pasta.  It was delicious.

Breakfast this morning was a repeat of yesterday.  Scrambled egg whites and jellied toast made with homemade bread.  Later I just snacked on some of these items;




Tonight we're grilling t-bones, making baked potatoes and a side of corn.  (From frozen... January is not a good time for a LID!)

I am also soaking almonds overnight to make my own SALT FREE almond milk.  Tomorrow I shall have my coffee with milk and maybe even a latte!!  Use this site to make the almond milk.  I can't wait.

No comments: