Monday, January 06, 2014

Low iodine diet - day 5

Last night for dinner I made the chicken with orzo that is included in the LID cookbook from the thyca.org site.   (Page 37!) Yesterday was a weird day, I was feeling off all day long.  I don't know if it's the diet or the change in the levothyroxine.  Today is better, but I still feel a bit off.  Just not in a good mood.

Breakfast today was cereal - did you know that some of the wheat biscuit type cereals (Like Mini wheats) are made without salt?  I had Strawberry frosted Mini Wheats with my homemade almond milk.  Not too shabby.  Lunch was leftover spaghetti from the other night.  I am already out of the plain almond milk I made.  I have another batch of almonds soaking for another batch this afternoon.

For dinner, we're having pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy.  I used the Cook's Illustrated recipe for pot roast - making some minor adjustments for the LID.  I used the following stock to braise the roast:


I should probably be making my own - there just isn't the time.  Thank goodness there are unsalted stocks in the grocery store!

This is a nice comfort food dinner on a cold day.  With our wind chills getting to about 40 or 50 below zero today, this will be great!


No comments: